Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for RBI Assistant 2015.
In the following passage, some of the words have been left out, each of which is indicated by a number. Find the suitable word from the options given against each number and fill up the blanks with appropriate words to make the paragraph meaningfully :
Mohit was born in a small coastal village near Ahmedabad. He always loved reading but the small library in his town was inadequate. There weren't __1__ many books and many of those had the pages __2__ out. So he __3__ to finish those stories. His debut novel was my sweet memories. It is a story about a Man's journey __4__ the past, a family drama, __5__ __6__ of secrets. It is an __7__ to Ahmedabad. And much of this book has been drawn from his own __8__ up years in the city. He grew up in Ahmedabad and worked for a while in Pune. He had been posted to UK, __9__ that time so he did a creative writing course there – something he always wanted to do. He went on to publish stories in publications.
All his stories start __10__ a picture he create in his mind. This one had two girls, were sharing secrets with each other. He was now working on his second novel, based on real life story.
1. (a) that (b) to (c) so (d) the (e) too
2. (a) torn (b) moribund (c) released (d) cut (e) controlled
3. (a) has (b) have (c) had (d) is (e) suppose
4. (a) of (b) into (c) at (d) in (e) for
5. (a) a (b) an (c) all (d) almost (e) the
6. (a) ridiculous (b) unearthing (c) contradict (d) keep (e) access
7. (a) owe (b) agitate (c) cynical (d) ode (e) imprisoned
8. (a) growing (b) giving (c) set (d) cover (e) end
9. (a) offered (b) convention (c) around (d) negotiating (e) humiliating
10. (a) get (b) dangle (c) secure (d) with (e) betrayed